Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Coin Photography, Conservation and Storage  |  Topic: New Photos: Greek Misc. Folder 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Photos: Greek Misc. Folder  (Read 118 times)
Molinari
Tribunus Plebis 2015
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

Herakles cheated!

« on: February 16, 2017, 10:24:14 am »

I've finished re-photographing the coins in my "Greek: Misc." folder, using Doug's "black hole" method:

http://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1415

peterpil19
Consul

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 05:50:28 pm »

Nice photos
Especially when considering you used your iPhone to take them!

Peter
Molinari
Tribunus Plebis 2015
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

Herakles cheated!

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 05:29:26 am »

Thank you, Peter.  They aren't perfect but I'm improving my technique every day.  Now that I have a tripod it is much easier so a few of these I will re-shoot.

Jay GT4
Procurator Caesaris
Caesar

Leave the gun, take the Canoli!

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 06:29:35 am »

Great job Nick.  I prefer pictures like this that show truer color than the overexposed bright dealer pics we've all been accustomed to.  A few small tweaks and they'll be perfect.  Impressive that they're taken with a phone.

peterpil19
Consul

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 08:23:03 pm »

Great job Nick.  I prefer pictures like this that show truer color than the overexposed bright dealer pics we've all been accustomed to.  A few small tweaks and they'll be perfect.  Impressive that they're taken with a phone.

I agree with this. The sharp and high contrast photos which seem to be common look more like cartoons than photos.
I suppose it has to do with photographing each coin in a consistent way in the shortest possible time.
Increasing the contrast / sharpness actually removes detail.

Peter
Frank M
Praetorian

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 05:48:22 pm »

Those look great!
dougsmit
Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
Procurator Monetae
Caesar

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 08:40:32 pm »

Excellent

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Coin Photography, Conservation and Storage  |  Topic: New Photos: Greek Misc. Folder « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop