Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Poll

How much do you spend on collecting in a year?

$1000
10 (20.4%)
$2500
15 (30.6%)
$5000
7 (14.3%)
$10,000
7 (14.3%)
$20,000 +
10 (20.4%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Cost of the hobby  (Read 5055 times)

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
Re: Cost of the hobby
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2017, 04:34:23 pm »
No worries Bill.  Some people started discussing how to sell coins.  On this website there is only one correct answer to that question - consign them to Forum.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline wileyc

• Caesar
    • Forum gallery:
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2017, 12:12:07 am »
Bill its a good question folks can get side tracked! I have enjoyed the replies for the most part.

I thought about it and for me my thought might be what percent of my income? for me maybe 1% a year, not sure about this year ask me next week after the local PNNA coin show comes thru!

But no, on a sincere note I have learned to be transparent with my wife, I "own" what I do and how I chose to spend my time and money makes life easier in the long run......I have learned !

cw

Offline peterpil19

• Caesar
    • Ancient Coin Traders
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2017, 03:38:30 am »
Perhaps everyone became sidetracked to avoid Bill's original question - lest we tally up the invoices and be forced to admit to ourselves how deep we really are into this hobby!

Offline Bill W4

• Caesar
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2017, 03:03:16 pm »
Thank you Peterpil, I went back and looked at I was spending.  I hate to admit it but I was over budget for quite awhile; she was right to call me out.  I shall try to restrain myself in the future.  Like Evert Dirksen said " a million here and a million there and pretty soon you're talking real money."
I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member!

Offline JamesC11

• Praetorian
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2017, 04:29:43 pm »
This may help: NEVER spend more on coins than your wife spends on shoes.

Offline Bill W4

• Caesar
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2017, 06:22:08 pm »
Good idea, but she buys her shoes at the thrift store,  Wish there was such a place for coins.
I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member!

All coins are guaranteed for eternity