Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. BOOK SALE!!! 20% - 90% OFF ALL OUR BOOKS UNTIL 1 OCTOBER Over 250 Book Titles - Some Under $1! Shop NOW and save! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. BOOK SALE!!! 20% - 90% OFF ALL OUR BOOKS UNTIL 1 OCTOBER Please call us if you have questions 252-646-1958. Shop NOW and save!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Museum Collections and Exhibitions (Moderator: museumguy)  |  Topic: Smithsonian Institute's Collection of Ancients 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smithsonian Institute's Collection of Ancients  (Read 1213 times)
cmcdon0923
Caesar

« on: February 13, 2017, 09:41:28 am »

Interesting reading, but also a bit disappointing in that we have a major US museum, basically our "national" museum, who apparently didn't even really know what they had until they performed this quick assessment.

The article doesn't really say, but I'd be interested in knowing if any of these coins is on public display at the Smithsonian.  I know that only a small fraction of their US coins are on display, so I assume that doesn't bode well for the ancients.

https://americanhistory.si.edu/sites/default/files/file-uploader/Overview.pdf

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Museum Collections and Exhibitions (Moderator: museumguy)  |  Topic: Smithsonian Institute's Collection of Ancients « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop