Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Please help me identify this coin... Roman???  (Read 627 times)

Jack M

Please help me identify this coin... Roman???
« on: February 11, 2017, 10:17:38 am »
We found this coin in my late parents coin collection.  A friend of mine picked it out of a bunch and said "you might have an ancient."  Being a bit of a history buff, I immediately became interested.  I know very little about coins, from the hours I've spent trying to match it, I'd guess it's Roman but that's  just a guess.  Would someone please help me out by identifying this coin?  Pictures are below.  I tried to play with photo editing software in an attempt to highlight more detail. 

Weight is  - 0.8 oz.

Online Jochen

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Omnes vulnerant, ultima necat.
Re: Please help me identify this coin... Roman???
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 10:46:38 am »
Marcus Aurelius, with Salus on reverse.

Best regards

Jack M

Re: Please help me identify this coin... Roman???
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 12:10:57 pm »
Thank you very much for your help that's very nice of you.  I will begin digging.  Do you notice any markings on this coin that will help me narrow the possibilities?

Online Jochen

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Omnes vulnerant, ultima necat.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity