Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Lead tetarteron  (Read 930 times)

Offline Strategos

• Consul
    • Labarum.info
Lead tetarteron
« on: February 05, 2017, 12:56:15 pm »
Hello,

I bought this coin as a lead seal, in the group with oriental coins. Seller from Odessa in Ukraine said that the coins from an old collection.
After receiving the coin I have identified as the lead tetarteron Alexius I CLBC 2.5.2
http://labarum.info/lbr/show.php?coin=19343
Weight 3.40 gr, size 18-19 mm.
Ref: DOC IV pl.VI  Pb 32

I correctly identified the type of coin? Does anybody have any image of the coin of this type?

Best regards, Vitaliy

Offline joma-tk

• Caesar
Re: Lead tetarteron
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 04:17:12 am »
Dear Vitalyi

Congrats!

Yes that is a lead Alexius I coin.

Here is one more example.
Weight 6.53gr, size 18mm

tk

Offline Simon

• Comitia Curiata
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Tetartera Collector
    • Byzantine Tetartera
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 08:45:23 pm »
Very nice, just to point out the coin with the half length figures is from Constantinople and the coin bellow with the full length figures is from Thessalonica.
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=5633 My main collection of Tetartera. Post reform coinage.

Offline joma-tk

• Caesar
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 06:12:11 am »
Very nice, just to point out the coin with the half length figures is from Constantinople and the coin bellow with the full length figures is from Thessalonica.

+++

All coins are guaranteed for eternity