Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: On the Hunt for Mionnet, Description de Médailles antiques... PDFs for site here  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Gil-galad

• Praetorian
    • Ancient Whitesheet
Currently,  the books that have been uploaded here to Forum Ancient Coins have been down for sometime which means you can't download them here. Basically, the PDF books are lost and have to be found again. Here is the page I am talking about.

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/numiswiki/view.asp?key=mionnet

So far I have found the following and need your help to find the rest. I have looked online all over the place and probably can find more but I'm not having much luck. This is to add them to this site again so everyone can download them once again.

Index

Vol. 1,6

Supplements 1, 2, 4, 5, 8, 9

Offline Mark Fox

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
Dear Gil-galad and Board,

I was just doing some research in Mionnet today, specifically in Volume I and Supplement II.  This is my go-to page for these references:

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/board/index.php?topic=65675.0

You should still be able to download at least some of them as PDFs.  This "library" is not perfect, but I hope it will still be of some help to you.

Best regards,

Mark Fox
Michigan

Offline Gil-galad

• Praetorian
    • Ancient Whitesheet
A big thanks, Mark for the link which I have seen that thread, btw.

Update: Joe has uploaded and updated the page with the entire set so a big thanks to him.

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/numiswiki/view.asp?key=mionnet

Offline helvetica

• Tribuna Plebis Perpetua
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Helvetia Libera Deo Gratia
    • ID Help pages + RIC lists + www.wildwinds.com
You can find all Mionnets volumes on archive.org.
For anyone who is interested, I have made an xls index of the cities in the various Mionnet works. Send me an email to my email address in my profile to request a copy of the xls (it's no good asking by PM because I cannot send you the file by PM)

Offline mauseus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Ah Allectus, my trusted friend.......
    • Later Roman Coinage
Hi,

The index made by Helvetica has proved invaluable to me over the years and makes the pdfs of Mionnet and the supplement so easy to navigate around. Thanks H!

Regards,

Mauseus

All coins are guaranteed for eternity