Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Long Shot - seeking info on Petronius Amiries  (Read 2406 times)

Offline B-Chicago

• Praetorian
Long Shot - seeking info on Petronius Amiries
« on: December 28, 2016, 05:16:00 pm »
history buff here and I've recently come across the name Petronius Amiries in a genealogy book about the Saleeby family of Lebanon

apparently he was from a family in Sparta and was friends with Caligula and became general at some point and may have been involved in the 1st jewish revolt

the story I read has him converting to Christianity in 67 A.D. after receiving a vision while on way to battle and somehow he managed to survive

google didn't give me much to work with and I don't have the book in front of me, I may be able to get a copy later for further reference

any help is appreciated

http://www.saleeby-saliba.org/history.htm

Gabriel

Re: Long Shot - seeking info on Petronius Amiries
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 08:31:10 am »
Dear Brian,
Did you find/receive any information?
Thank you.

Offline B-Chicago

• Praetorian
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 06:04:11 pm »
no , nothing more than was on the link , thanks for the response and feel free to let me know any information you can provide

Offline Pekka K

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • ...one coin at a time...
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 02:51:54 am »

Der Kleine Pauly lists some Political persons and
#2 may be your man.

Pekka K

Offline B-Chicago

• Praetorian
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 12:44:39 pm »
fantastic! thank you...now I need to find a translator - :D

Offline Gabriel A

• Auxiliary
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 05:40:57 pm »
Hi Brian, I am interested to know howyou got on translating that and if you were able to dig further?

All coins are guaranteed for eternity