Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Petite Marcus Antonius  (Read 699 times)

Offline Stephen C.

• Consul
Petite Marcus Antonius
« on: December 01, 2016, 01:41:41 am »
Recently bought 6 coin lot mainly for 1 coin only to find so far 2 are accurate 1 way off course 1 ancient imitative 1 real but most likely intentionally given wrong ID so here goes but its all good for the money I still got good variety and 1 that I really wanted. Here goes the last that hopefully with some knowledge from the forum I can attain a accurate ID. In my research I've not seen any Antony coins like this or this size, and I have 1 legit Antony I'll be sharing photos of soon. Thats not to say that I missed something that could have led me to giving Antonys name to this small but nice coin. Measuring a modest 9.5mm and tipping the scales at 0.5g this little guy is a keeper all the same. Appreciate any help given And its December now....Happy Holidays to all!
Basileus Stephen

Offline areich

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek and Roman Coins, featuring BMC online and other books
Re: Petite Marcus Antonius
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 06:10:03 am »
Hi Stephen, it might be helpful to take the coin out of the holder and take new pictures. It doesn't look like a coin of Marc Antony at all though.

https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=3347545

Your coin looks Greek with a female head on the obverse, some god/goddess/personification on a prow on the reverse.
Andreas Reich

Offline Stephen C.

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 12:15:38 am »
Hope this helps!

[EDITED BY ADMIN)
Basileus Stephen

Offline Meepzorp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • Meepzorp's Ancient Coins
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 05:35:09 am »
Hi folks,

I agree with areich's description.

Could it be Ascalon?

Meepzorp

Offline djmacdo

• Tribunus Plebis 2017
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • I love this forum!
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 09:32:00 am »
Crop you pictyres.  The images will appear bigger--and you will not use so much of Forum's resources.

Offline Stephen C.

• Consul
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 08:32:12 pm »
not sure if I missed out on link to ebay assuming it showed coin for sale similar to mine, if so it was over by time i clicked link showed no items and other link showed Antony coin. Do any of you know of a askalon coin mentioned for me to look at, having trouble getting wild winds to load photos.
Basileus Stephen

All coins are guaranteed for eternity