Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: E. Schreiber, Graphische Kunstanstalten,and Copyright Law  (Read 1534 times)

Offline Molinari

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
E. Schreiber, Graphische Kunstanstalten,and Copyright Law
« on: November 18, 2016, 09:47:13 am »
Maybe someone here can answer this:

E. Schreiber, Graphische Kunstanstalten, Stuttgart, has the rights to the photographic plates of G.K. Jenkins' The Coinage of Gela.  However, it appears they operated until 1976, and then were no longer in business.  Did someone buy their rights?  If not, what does that mean about reproducing the images?

Offline Jochen

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Omnes vulnerant, ultima necat.
Re: E. Schreiber, Graphische Kunstanstalten,and Copyright Law
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 12:26:31 pm »
Hallo!

I have contacted the Verwertungsgesellschaft Bild-Kunst (http://www.bildkunst.de/index.html). and  sent your question to them. I'm curious what they will answer.

Best regards

Offline Molinari

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • My defeat, if understood, should be my glory
Re: E. Schreiber, Graphische Kunstanstalten,and Copyright Law
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 01:26:10 pm »
Thanks very much, Jochen!

All coins are guaranteed for eternity