Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Help with an Chinese Amulet or Coin(?)  (Read 2083 times)

Offline Cassius

• Praetorian
Help with an Chinese Amulet or Coin(?)
« on: October 18, 2016, 04:49:10 pm »
     I got this some time ago and realize that I don't know what it is or supposed to be.  It is an AE 32, 11.5g something.  I initially classified it as a coin because of the 'tong bao' and the 'value 20'.  While I had a translation of the other characters:  Obv.: kai feng / qing yuan and Rv.: da song / qian zhuang I am not sure if that is accurate and  I can't find in on Zeno and I don't know what it is a (probably) fake or fantasy of.  Is it a coin?  Any help would be appreciated. Certainly interesting looking.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity