Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Hebrew Carving, small stone  (Read 2718 times)

Offline RoryduPondius

• Consul
Hebrew Carving, small stone
« on: September 22, 2016, 08:58:14 pm »
A friend of mine bought this from a man who -allegedly- found it in Texas while drilling for oil. Likely story, but I thought I'd share it with the Forvm to get an opinion on what exactly it might be. Cheers.
I LOVE cleaning uncleaned ancients.

Offline Sam

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Ego vici mundum
Re: Hebrew Carving, small stone
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 09:05:41 pm »
Brother
Brother     ( back letters )   I think.

Akh ( brother )   If you ever been to Hebrew party ,
the word cheers is La kha iem  
Kha   is the one in akh

No idea about the authenticity ( I mean ancient ) .  ( Letters have  kind of funny look )
Sam Mansourati

Offline RoryduPondius

• Consul
Re: Hebrew Carving, small stone
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 06:05:14 pm »
Thanks for the help Sam! My friend seemed to think it said "Aleph-Tav" (which as I understand are the letters, but not read separately it is "Akh" so this should clear things up a bit.
I LOVE cleaning uncleaned ancients.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity