Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Xu Long's Book on Judaean and Israeli Coins  (Read 1299 times)

Offline Aarmale

• IMPERATOR
  • Caesar
  • Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Xu Long's Book on Judaean and Israeli Coins
« on: September 20, 2016, 06:41:00 pm »
I don't know if many of you remember, but a few years ago, there were reports of a new book on Judaean and Israeli coins written by Xu Long in Chinese. There was a thread on it: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/board/index.php?topic=72153.0

I recently got to take a look at a copy. I have attached some images.

Looks like an interesting book, though I cannot understand most of it; most of the book is in Chinese, but some short sections in the introduction and afterword, and the table of contents are translated into English. There are several English errors throughout the book, as may be expected.

The preface has comments from several Israeli and Chinese academics and politicians.

The book is divided into two parts: the coinage of Judaea and the coinage of Modern Israel. The Judaean section covers most of the standard topics (Hasmoneans until Bar-Kokhba). The second part describes coins from the Mandate of Palestine and Israel until today, including notable commemorative pieces. There are also sections on non-Israeli coins that are related to Jews or Jewish history, such as coins depicting Jews (in science, politics, &.), anti-Semitic coins and bills, coins of the Ghettos, and so on.

The book has many pictures of coins, maps and artifacts, all in full colour.
Gallery: http://tinyurl.com/aarmale
היינו דאמרי אינשי: טבא חדא פילפלתא חריפתא ממלי צנא קרי

All coins are guaranteed for eternity