Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Ancient Coins at Joslyn Art Museum - Omaha NE  (Read 1429 times)

Offline PtolemAE

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • PtolemyBronze.com
    • The PtolemAE Project - Ptolemaic Bronzes
Ancient Coins at Joslyn Art Museum - Omaha NE
« on: September 12, 2016, 03:45:03 pm »
Joslyn Art Museum (www.joslyn.org) in Omaha, NE, has a small (apparently permanent) exhibit of nice quality ancient Greek coins that accompanies other antiquities of the Greek world as well as at least one ancient Egyptian sculpture.  If in Omaha it's worth a trip in any case as their collections include works of many American artists including Grant Wood and Thomas Hart Benton and a nice collection of renaissance to modern European painters and sculptors such as Rembrandt, Monet, Renoir, and Rodin.  It's in a beautiful building, too.  Here are four pics of the ancient coins and an additional post has five more pics of ancient Greek ceramics and the Egyptian statue.

PtolemAE

Offline PtolemAE

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • PtolemyBronze.com
Re: Ancient Coins at Joslyn Art Museum - Omaha NE
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 03:48:58 pm »
Quote from: PtolemAE on September 12, 2016, 03:45:03 pm
Joslyn Art Museum (www.joslyn.org) in Omaha, NE, has a small (apparently permanent) exhibit of nice quality ancient Greek coins that accompanies other antiquities of the Greek world as well as at least one ancient Egyptian sculpture.  If in Omaha it's worth a trip in any case as their collections include works of many American artists including Grant Wood and Thomas Hart Benton and a nice collection of renaissance to modern European painters and sculptors such as Rembrandt, Monet, Renoir, and Rodin.  It's in a beautiful building, too.  Here are four pics of the ancient coins and an additional post has five more pics of ancient Greek ceramics and the Egyptian statue.

PtolemAE

As promised above, here are five pics of Joslyn Art Museum's Greek and Egyptian antiquities.

PtolemAE

Online quadrans

• Tribunus Plebis 2019
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.
    • My Gallery Albums
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 03:55:47 pm »
I really like this... +++

Q.
All the Best :), Joe
My Gallery

Offline Mat

• Caesar
  • Ancient Coin Addict
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 04:26:22 pm »
Cool, thanks for sharing!
MY GALLERY

MJB Ancients

Offline PtolemAE

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • PtolemyBronze.com
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 06:00:25 pm »
Quote from: quadrans on September 12, 2016, 03:55:47 pm
I really like this... +++

Q.

fantastic - glad these pix got a nice reception.

DW 

All coins are guaranteed for eternity