Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Other Types of Ancient Coins (Moderators: Bacchus, crawforde)  |  Topic: Information on Japanese Ichi Bu Gin coins 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Information on Japanese Ichi Bu Gin coins  (Read 1532 times)
tjaart
Consul

« on: August 20, 2016, 02:25:45 pm »

Dear all,

I recently picked up a couple of Ichibu gin silver coins/ingots from Japan. To help me identify them a bit better I bought the book by David Hartill called Early Japanese Coins. Although I could identify the three coins to a reasonable level, I am still struggling with the finer details. From what I understand, the differences in the letters and strokes can represent different mints? I am struggling a bit to understand the Hartill book.

I also not sure if the countermark seen on the 3rd coin in the photos have any meaning?

I am attaching the photo of the three coins to show the differences.

Does anyone know if there any more information somewhere on these intriguing coins? Info on the variation in the symbols as well as the countermarks would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Tjaart
pingu
Auxiliary

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 07:59:36 am »

Hello,

you can assign the parts easily.:

On the edge of the coin are blossoms. One blossom is often twisted of it. In the appendix there is the allocation and an example.

I hope it is clear - translated with Google

Greetings from Germany
pingu
pingu
Auxiliary

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 08:12:58 am »

The small stamp on the 3rd coin is a countermark of a moneychanger

pingu
tjaart
Consul

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 10:26:57 am »

Thank you, pingu! I appreciate the information.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Other Types of Ancient Coins (Moderators: Bacchus, crawforde)  |  Topic: Information on Japanese Ichi Bu Gin coins « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop