Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Does someone can identify this coin?  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Henk T

• Legionary
Does someone can identify this coin?
« on: July 24, 2016, 07:48:21 am »
In my collection of dirty coins I found a grey, possible Greek coin. It looks like that on the reverse side stans a ornamented trident, mostly the figures in the trident look both the opposite side, but in this coin they look at the same side. The obverse is half a face? The coin weights 2 gram, the diameter is 19 mm.
I really appreciate any help anyone can provide!

Offline Shaun C

• Praetorian
Re: Does someone can identify this coin?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 08:43:32 am »
This does not look like greek most likely medieval to me.

Offline SC

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • A Handbook of Late Roman Bronze Coin Types 324-395.
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 10:20:35 am »
Likely Ottoman.  If you don't get a response here maybe repost in the Medieval and Islamic section.

Shawn
SC
(Shawn Caza, Ottawa)

Offline Henk T

• Legionary
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 11:59:39 am »
Thanks for your replies Shawn and Shaun. I shall repost the question in the Medieval and Islamic section. I become more curious what the status of this coin is!

Offline Henk T

• Legionary
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 12:01:29 pm »
Thanks for your reply, Shaun. I will repost my question in the Medieval and Islamic section as Shawn suggested!

All coins are guaranteed for eternity