Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Please look at the RECENT ADDITIONS and PRICE REDUCTIONS at the top and bottom of the page. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES! Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Point your mouse to a coin in RECENT ADDITIONS or PRICE REDUCTIONS on this page to see the the price. All items are guaranteed authentic for eternity! Thanks for supporting Forum with your PURCHASES!

FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Medieval, Islamic and Crusader Coins (Moderators: AlexB, quadrans)  |  Topic: Kay Khusraw III Dirham - Inscription Help 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kay Khusraw III Dirham - Inscription Help  (Read 219 times)
Laird B
Praetorian

« on: November 29, 2018, 02:36:22 pm »

I recently acquired this dirham and am really having trouble with the mint and date.  I have Broome's book on Seljuk coinage but I still can't figure it out.

Starting at 1 o'clock and moving counterclockwise I think I can see zuriba madinat.  The mint should be next but the letter forms are really sloppy (to me at least) - is this possibly Lulu'a?

Following that I think the next two character groups could be fi sanat followed by a date I just can't decipher.  In theory the last word before zuriba starts should be six hundred but it just doesn't look right.  I know that Diwani script was also used for numbers but even with that info I can't make sense of this.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
FORVM`s Classical Numismatics Discussion Board  |  Numismatic and History Discussions  |  Medieval, Islamic and Crusader Coins (Moderators: AlexB, quadrans)  |  Topic: Kay Khusraw III Dirham - Inscription Help « previous next »
Jump to:  

Recent Price Reductions in Forum's Shop