Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Byzantine Coins are totally new to me. Please help with identification.  (Read 631 times)

Offline Douglas B2

• Praetorian
Hi All,

I picked up a small collection of ancients and this coin was in it.  I have never paid much attention to Byzantine coins, but I find them interesting now that I have a few in my own collection.  I am not sure how to go about identifying them.  If any one can give me a hand I would appreciate it.  If there is any resource books that are available, I would also appreciate the title(s).

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Doug

Offline Posa

• Consul
Hi Doug,

half-follis of Maurice Tiberius, Constantinople, SBCV 497, year U=5, first officina "A"

Best regards

Posa

Offline joma-tk

• Caesar
The first book on the link below will cover your basic needs

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/catalog/roman-and-greek-coins.asp?vpar=1699

tk

Offline Douglas B2

• Praetorian
Thank you for the replies. I now have an identification and a book in the wish list.

Doug

All coins are guaranteed for eternity