Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: is this najm al din ghazi?  (Read 933 times)

Offline Skyler

• Consul
  • JOHHNY 5 IS ALIVE!!!
is this najm al din ghazi?
« on: June 29, 2016, 11:31:50 pm »
This one was sold to me as a  crusader imitation. It looks like a dirham of Najm AlDin Ghazi I. Any help is appreciated and thank you for looking

bakkar

Re: is this najm al din ghazi?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 10:45:35 am »
It is not a crusader imitation, but pure Artuqid dirhem of Najm al Din Ghazi I , mint of mardin. I have a goo example.

Offline Skyler

• Consul
  • JOHHNY 5 IS ALIVE!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 03:23:47 pm »
Beautiful, I can never thank you enough Bakkar!

Offline Sam

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Ego vici mundum
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 03:54:27 pm »
My friend Bakkar 's input is 100 % correct. +++

He  forgot to tell you ( I would also forget too ..  Islamic coins .. a big ocean ) , that your Dirham was struck under the last Abbasid Imam or Qualifa or ruler of the Islamic state.
His name is Al-Musta'sim , written on the right side of Bakkar photo .

*Also , it is more correct to call them Artuqids , not Urtuqids ( as in most English references ).

The  sub- state of Artuqids under the Abbasid state is related to Artuq son of Akk sab.

Good day to all.

Added ; left photo ;
Al malik (King ) al naser   , ruler of Aleppo (one grandsons of Saladin )

Al malik ( King ) al sa' id  is  Najem Al Din Ghazi Al  Sa' id  ( نجم الدين غازي السعيد بن أرتق أرسلان ) (1239-1260) ( who struck this coin )

Myself , I would like to know what written on my coin , more than reference numbers that is why , I added .

Sam Mansourati

Offline Sam

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Ego vici mundum
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 05:52:12 pm »
Bakkar , stay safe .

From the bottom of my heart. I hope that , this  bad dream of war will be  over soon.
Sam Mansourati

All coins are guaranteed for eternity