Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Real or fake Agrippa coin?  (Read 939 times)

Offline Sebastian r

• Praetorian
Real or fake Agrippa coin?
« on: June 15, 2016, 02:22:32 pm »
i dont know the size of it, but by the look, what do u think? fake or real?

Offline Sebastian r

• Praetorian
Re: Real or fake Agrippa coin?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 02:24:59 pm »
better picture

Offline Andrew McCabe

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • My website on Roman Republican Coins and Books, with 2000 coins arranged per Crawford
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 03:51:12 pm »

Sebastian

If you don't know the size of it, it sounds as if you haven't yet bought this piece. It's not allowed to screen purchases on Forum. It's also not allowed to ask questions about a piece in the Fakes section unless you already have some reason to think it is fake (and you say what the reason is).

Offline Sebastian r

• Praetorian
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 01:08:12 pm »

Sebastian

If you don't know the size of it, it sounds as if you haven't yet bought this piece. It's not allowed to screen purchases on Forum. It's also not allowed to ask questions about a piece in the Fakes section unless you already have some reason to think it is fake (and you say what the reason is).
im sorry, i found this 1 at an swedish ebay like site, i bought it, won for just a couple of hours ago. the seller had tons of bronze coins but this one cought my eye,  the face and the text is rly good, just the backside that is abit messy, but hopefully it will suit fine in my newfound hobbie collection :p and the was no description about size or weight, so its a gamble indeed. i also put up the backside with a bigger picture so u can see better now :P

Offline Tacitus

• Caesar
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 10:14:35 pm »
If you are a new collector, I would recommend shopping here instead of Ebay.  You will not be ripped off and will never have to wonder if the coin is real or not.

I do not see anything that makes me believe that your coin is not real.  Agrippas are not all that uncommon.  I have 2 in my collection.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity