Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: An Important Flavian Provenance  (Read 737 times)

Offline David Atherton

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • The meaning of life can be found in a coin.
    • Flavian Fanatic Blog
An Important Flavian Provenance
« on: April 02, 2016, 10:57:18 am »
Over the last few days I've been busy adding note worthy provenances to my online galleries. Probably the most important to me personally are those from Harry Sneh. 'Ex Harry N. Sneh Collection' is a potent tonic for Flavian collectors. I had never really added up how many coins I purchased from Harry over the years before his death in 2013, so I was pleasantly surprised to see how many Titus' came from him. He was a kind and wise mentor to me in my early days of collecting and is still greatly missed.

Many of these coins were not publicly known to be from Harry's collection, I thought it high time they came out of the shadows.

Fell free to browse. https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=11162

Offline David Atherton

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Flavian Fanatic Blog
Re: An Important Flavian Provenance
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 06:36:45 pm »
I'm also identifying coins from the Jyrki Muona Collection as well. Anyone who collects Civil War and Domitian denarii will be very familiar with that provenance!

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 06:50:55 pm »
Great Job David, are you also searching for provenance of other coins in your collection?

Offline David Atherton

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Flavian Fanatic Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 06:59:21 pm »
Great Job David, are you also searching for provenance of other coins in your collection?

Yes Jay, any additional info would be greatly appreciated!

For instance: https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=241&pos=56

All coins are guaranteed for eternity