Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Latin Billion trachy CLBC 11.4.1 Hendy Type D?  (Read 725 times)

Offline pogh_poor

• Caesar
  • I love this forum!
Latin Billion trachy CLBC 11.4.1 Hendy Type D?
« on: January 31, 2016, 10:08:22 pm »
This nice billion trachy measures 26.19x29.76mm.  It weighs 3.5g.  On the obverse is a bust of Christ nimbate.  On the reverse is a full length emperor holding a globus cruciger and a cross headed scepter.  I believe that it is an issue of the Latin Rulers of Constantinople.  Is it CLBC 11.4.1 Hendy Type D?  Am I right? Thanks for your help.  Pogh_poor
All passes, Art alone Enduring stays to us; The Bust out-lasts the throne,-- The coin, Tiberius.

Offline Abu Galyon

• Caesar
  • Change we can believe in.
Re: Latin Billion trachy CLBC 11.4.1 Hendy Type D?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 01:27:19 pm »
 +++ Just so.

Hendy Type D = SBCV 2024
CLBC divides the class into large, medium, and small modules; yours would be the large (11.4.1)

Bill R.

Offline pogh_poor

• Caesar
  • I love this forum!
Re: Latin Billion trachy CLBC 11.4.1 Hendy Type D?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 07:31:04 am »
Thank you for your confirmation of my identification of this nice Latin billion trachy!  I am slowly identifying my large group of trachys which I acquired as unidentified with the assistance of the CLBC and DOC.  Pogh_poor
All passes, Art alone Enduring stays to us; The Bust out-lasts the throne,-- The coin, Tiberius.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity