Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: ID help: Silver dirhems. Maybe Umayyad of Spain or Samanid imitative?  (Read 613 times)

Offline NUMISMATICA_KANDAHAR

• Praetorian
Helllo to the community.
I recently got a pair of dirhems without any identification. I canĀ“t read arabic but for the style I think they are from the Umayyads of Spain. Someone told me they could be Baltic imitations of Samanid coins but at least the most crude one looks like Umayyad.

These days I've been trying to read the mints and dates with the Plant book but it's quite hard. It looks to me that the date of the first coin starts with "200" and ends with "7" but the middle number is partially out of flan. No clue about the mint and ruler.

I will apreciate any help for the correct identification of this coins.
Thanks a lot and all the best.

Smiley
Patricio.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity