Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Allectus PAX unpublished variant?  (Read 434 times)

Offline antesignanvm

• Consul
  • I REALLY love this forum!
Allectus PAX unpublished variant?
« on: September 12, 2015, 03:06:34 pm »
Hello all,
I have in my hands this Allectus antoninianus, it is the RIC V-II 33 but with a variant for the fields letters. I'd like to know from the experts of this coinage if it has been already published or it is an unknown variant.

IMP C ALLECTVS P F AVG, radiated and cuirasses bust right.
PAX AVG, Pax standing  left with scepter and olive branch, in the right field A, ML in exergue.
RIC V-II 33 3,5gr 21mm
---In front of the insigna---

Offline mauseus

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Ah Allectus, my trusted friend.......
    • Later Roman Coinage
Re: Allectus PAX unpublished variant?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 03:38:33 pm »
Hi,

A well preserved and interesting coin. However, there looks to be a bump where the S would be. It appears to be just the product of a clogged die, sadly.

Regards,

Mauseus

Offline antesignanvm

• Consul
  • I REALLY love this forum!
Re: Allectus PAX unpublished variant?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 03:40:53 am »
Hi,

A well preserved and interesting coin. However, there looks to be a bump where the S would be. It appears to be just the product of a clogged die, sadly.

Regards,

Mauseus

Hello Mauseus,
you are right, for this pic it seems like you say. I saw the coin only with lens I didn't notice it.
---In front of the insigna---

All coins are guaranteed for eternity