Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Roman Coin Possible Trajan and Pax ID Help please  (Read 587 times)

Fay P

Roman Coin Possible Trajan and Pax ID Help please
« on: August 30, 2015, 04:16:24 am »
Hi All,

Firstly, thank you in advance for any help you can provide, I found a Roman coin on my dad's farm and I'm wondering if anyone can help to identify it, and better still tell me it's amazingly valuable and I never have to work again ;-) (just kidding)!

The letters that are legible read: 'OAVGGERD' Which from my research I believe is Trajan. The back of the coin has very little detail, but perhaps Pax; it's a figure with the an arm down on the left side.

The coin is 33mm in diameter.

If anyone could confirm my findings or give me more information, I'd be extremely grateful!

I'm so excited to find something so amazing! I can't imagine who was the last person to own that coin before me?! :-)

Thanks,

Fay

Offline mix_val

• Caesar
Re: Roman Coin Possible Trajan and Pax ID Help please
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 09:02:16 am »
Lucky you!  Trajan for sure.  Reverse figure looks feminine.   Annona? Abundantia? Fortuna?
Bob Crutchley
My gallery of the coins of Severus Alexander and his family
https://www.forumancientcoins.com/gallery/index.php?cat=16147

Fay P

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 01:34:45 pm »
Thank you! I've seen a few images on other coins that resemble her shape- I just wish she was a little bit clearer!

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 02:34:12 pm »
Let's make it a bit easier on everyone  ;D  Felicitas?

All coins are guaranteed for eternity