Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Please help in identifying  (Read 560 times)

Marcin S

Please help in identifying
« on: July 16, 2015, 02:35:57 pm »
Hi all,
Please help in identifying this coin.

Offline areich

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek and Roman Coins, featuring BMC online and other books
Re: Please help in identifying
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 04:10:00 pm »
It's a modern fake of a dekadrachm from Syracuse. These are extremely common fakes.
Andreas Reich

Marcin S

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 04:15:02 pm »
Thank You :)

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 07:30:49 pm »
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Marcin S

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 03:17:12 pm »
Hello again, I do not understand what the report? I know nothing about the coins especially antique, so I asked for identification, and I am so glad I got help. Someone wanted to sell me the coin claiming that it is much worth and just outstanding digital video images you have kept up making a mistake.
Once again, thank you for your help.

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 04:16:37 pm »
If you click on the blue text Fake Coin Reports, it will take you to our fake coin reports. A report should be added for this fake coin.  It is easy to add a Fake Coin Report.  The hardest part is stitching the two photos together before uploading.  Then it is simply clicking the add button and following the steps. If you don't know how to do it, don't worry. My message was not just to you but to any member that has the time and capability. Hopefully, someone else will do it.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

All coins are guaranteed for eternity