Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Marty Fieldman coin of the day!!  (Read 1288 times)

Offline Lee S

• Comitia Curiata
  • Conservator
  • Caesar
  • γεια μας !!!
Marty Fieldman coin of the day!!
« on: June 21, 2015, 04:16:21 am »
Hi Guys.... I won this wonderful hemidrachm last night, and just had to share...

It's absolutely charming, and one of the few coins that have ever made me laugh out loud!! Who knew Marty Fieldman was a time traveller and modelled for the Rhodian die engraverers ?  ;D ;D ;D

Best wishes,

Lee.

Offline gallienus1

• Caesar
  • Hope for the best but prepare for the worst
Re: Marty Fieldman coin of the day!!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 07:03:56 am »
Great coin and post Lee. The reverse is a beautiful image of the wild rose which I believe is now extinct, making the coin a record of the biological as well as the historical past. Marty Fieldman might not be a familiar figure outside the anglo-sphere, so that other board members can see what you and I find a bit absurd and funny about the obverse, I have taken the liberty of taking an image of your coin and putting it next to Marty's face.

Best regards,
Steve

Offline Carausius

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • My Forum Gallery:
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 07:36:52 am »
 +++  "What hump?"  Marty Feldman as Igor in Young Frankenstien - one of the funniest lines (and films) ever.

Offline quadrans

• Tribunus Plebis 2019
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Ad perpetuam rei memoriam. Ars longa, vita brevis.
    • My Gallery Albums
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 01:27:29 am »
Quote from: gallienus1 on July 03, 2015, 07:03:56 am
Great coin and post Lee. The reverse is a beautiful image of the wild rose which I believe is now extinct, making the coin a record of the biological as well as the historical past. Marty Fieldman might not be a familiar figure outside the anglo-sphere, so that other board members can see what you and I find a bit absurd and funny about the obverse, I have taken the liberty of taking an image of your coin and putting it next to Marty's face.

Best regards,
Steve

;D :o ;D

+++
 Q.
All the Best :), Joe
My Gallery

Offline Lee S

• Comitia Curiata
  • Conservator
  • Caesar
  • γεια μας !!!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 07:28:53 am »
Quote from: gallienus1 on July 03, 2015, 07:03:56 am

Best regards,
Steve

Thanks for that Steve!!!
   It's good to know others share my humour!! +++ ;D +++

Lee.

Offline Kamnaskires

• Caesar
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 09:14:15 pm »
Would that qualify as an Abbey Normal obverse?

Online Enodia

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 10:40:29 pm »
Quote from: Carausius on July 03, 2015, 07:36:52 am
+++  "What hump?"  Marty Feldman as Igor in Young Frankenstien - one of the funniest lines (and films) ever.

damn, beat me to it!
i'll have to settle for...

Frankenstein; "Damn your eyes!"
Igor; "Too late" (and that's EYE-gor)

Offline Kamnaskires

• Caesar
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 11:04:35 pm »
Let's not forget "Walk this way..."

All coins are guaranteed for eternity