Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Copy and paste coin images from the internet  (Read 1971 times)

Offline Akropolis

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Akropolis Ancient Coins
Copy and paste coin images from the internet
« on: June 11, 2015, 09:03:57 pm »
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but here goes:
Lately, when I try to right-click and "Copy" of a coin displayed in the Discussion Group area, so as to lighten it in Photoshop to aid in identification, it won't "Paste" into Photoshop.
I recently bought a new Windows 7 PC and an internet search said Photoshop 7.0 was not compatible with Windows 7. Everything else works, except pasting images from the internet. Oh, I can save them to the PC and THEN open them in Photoshop, but I don't like the extra steps.
Any ideas?
PeteB

Offline Akropolis

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
Re: Copy and paste coin images from the internet
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 09:52:51 pm »
It turns out that it is a problem with AOL (AO Hell).

I tried copying and pasting a jpeg image in Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 11 it worked fine.

Another black star for AOL.

I'll leave this topic rather than deleting it, in case others have the same problem.

I can use the Windows 7 "Snip" tool with AOL, and it works...but requires a few more steps.
PeteB

Offline Joe Sermarini

• Owner, President
  • FORVM STAFF
  • Caesar
  • All Coins Guaranteed for Eternity.
    • FORVM ANCIENT COINS
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 11:00:00 pm »
There must be a better choice than AOL.
Joseph Sermarini
Owner, President
FORVM ANCIENT COINS

Offline Meepzorp

• Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
    • Meepzorp's Ancient Coins
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 03:19:19 am »
Hi folks,

AOL must have changed something recently. For the past few days, I can no longer access my AOL email account using Google Chrome (my primary browser). Every time I try to do it, I get bounced to a blue screen with white writing. I get a serious message stating that something really bad is about to happen to my computer. And my computer literally shuts down.

For the past few days, whenever I want to access my AOL email account, I must use Mozilla Firefox (my secondary browser). Then, when I'm done reading my emails, I switch back to Google Chrome again, because I prefer it.

Google Chrome works better with other websites, including Forum. When I am using Mozilla Firefox, and I visit Wildwinds, the Greek inscriptions are in Latin.

Also, when I am using Mozilla Firefox, and I'm here in Forum, I can't preview my posts. The "preview" feature is disabled. I don't know why. It works with Google Chrome. Joe, do you know why?

I don't know what the hell AOL did a few days ago, but they are really aggravating me. I'm getting tired of switching back and forth between Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems?

Meepzorp

Offline Zaph0dd

• Consul
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 06:40:25 pm »
I recently bought a new Windows 7 PC and an internet search said Photoshop 7.0 was not compatible with Windows 7.

Photoshop 7.0 is compatible with windows 7, it just doesnt like large hard drives (over 1TB) - I use both myself

Offline Akropolis

• Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 06:54:05 pm »
Thanks, ZaphOdd.
PeteB

All coins are guaranteed for eternity