Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: 2 faces on front 1 face on reverse  (Read 295 times)

Offline Wetwelderca

• Praetorian
2 faces on front 1 face on reverse
« on: May 18, 2015, 03:15:07 am »
Weird coin could use some help I'm not done cleaning yet but it has 2 faces on one side and 1 face on reverse any ideas

Offline Matt Inglima

• Caesar
  • Quid, me anxius sum?
Re: 2 faces on front 1 face on reverse
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 03:47:44 am »
My guess would be that it is a coin of Augustus issued by Rhoemetalces I of Thrace.  The type depicts Augustus on the obverse and the conjoined busts of Rhoemetalces and Queen Youroukova on the reverse.  A quick search of the member's gallery should turn up a few examples to compare.

All coins are guaranteed for eternity