Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Edward 1 (Longshanks) part1  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Kim B. N

• Caesar
  • Omnium rerum principia parva sunt
Edward 1 (Longshanks) part1
« on: April 26, 2015, 08:53:38 pm »
Hello everyone i hope you can help me get some info on my 2 new English coins. I just cant help myself from liberated lonesome medieval coins in captivity.  ;D

First one:

Edward 1 (So am i told) (chipped)

Silver

Seize:1,9cm

Weight:1.10

Cheers Kim

Offline *Alex

• Tribunus Plebis 2022
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
  • Etiam Iovis omnibus placere non possunt.
Re: Edward 1 (Longshanks) part1
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 08:13:56 am »
Looks like it might be the London mint.

I only have one Medieval coin - also an Edward I London penny (below) but there seem to be some differences in the legends between my coin and yours. My coin was issued between 1279 and 1281 so your coin might have been one of the other issues.

Regards,

Alex.

Offline Chrismon

• Consul
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 01:21:32 pm »
Looks like it might be the London mint.

I only have one Medieval coin - also an Edward I London penny (below) but there seem to be some differences in the legends between my coin and yours. My coin was issued between 1279 and 1281 so your coin might have been one of the other issues.

Regards,

Alex.

I agree with Alex, it does look like the London mint - despite the missing part of the coin, what looks like CIVITAS LO....N can be seen, which would indicate the London mint.

Offline Kim B. N

• Caesar
  • Omnium rerum principia parva sunt
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 02:18:56 pm »
Thank you both Alex and Trapezunt. lovely to have an ID on this one.  +++

Cheers kim

Offline MedievalMadman

• Legionary
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 09:41:05 am »
Cool coin!