Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Interesting Aurelian Soli Invicto  (Read 719 times)

Offline Jschulze

• Caesar
Interesting Aurelian Soli Invicto
« on: April 07, 2015, 08:01:20 pm »
Hi all,
I recently recieved this fun, and I think fairly rare, Aurelian coin. I wanted to get some thoughts on it and see if it is rare, as I have seem to have found, or more common and I missed it in in the usual references.

Obv-IMP C AVRELIANVS AVG Radiate cuirassed bust right.
Rev-SOLI INVICTO Sol standing left, right hand raised, left hand holding globe. Star S in ex.
21mm
3.9g
RIC temp #2236
Mint   Siscia

The only place I've been able to find it is at http://www.ric.mom.fr with only 2 (seemingly) old specimens listed.

Page link: Edit... I deleted the link as it was really long and formatted in a way that was pretty useless anyway. I think it can be found by the Temp #.

Josh

All coins are guaranteed for eternity