Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Edit and Merge Help for Novice  (Read 1440 times)

Offline Lucas H

• Caesar
    • My Gallery
Edit and Merge Help for Novice
« on: March 24, 2015, 08:39:03 am »
Some of you may recognize my handle.  I never took great pictures, but I had a system to crop them and hen merge the two images together.  1) its been a year since I've suspended collecting so I've forgot a lot.  2) my computer was stolen, and whatever program I used to edit, and a second program to merge the images are now gone.

Well, I'm back to it now, but despite spending an hour with preloaded software, I can't find something to crop the images.  Once I get that done, I need software to merge the obverse and reverse.  I am not tech savvy, and I need recommendations for the most basic software to crop and stitch images.  I'm currently running windows 8.

Any recommendations is greatly appreciated. 

stairman

Re: Edit and Merge Help for Novice
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 08:58:35 am »
Windows 8 comes with Paint.

If you can't find it, type - mspaint in the search box on the your start screen.

Offline areich

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek and Roman Coins, featuring BMC online and other books
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 09:35:22 am »
The easiest way is IrfanView. I've described the process many times over the years, so I'll just link to this post:

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/board/index.php?topic=86193.msg537746#msg537746

This method is not very good for irregular coins but it is good for coins taken without a tripod of some kind, i.e. where obverse and reverse may be of a completely different size.
Andreas Reich

Offline Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 01:58:51 pm »
What areich said...or you can just keep emailing me  8)

Offline areich

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek and Roman Coins, featuring BMC online and other books
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 03:50:48 pm »
By 'irregular' I mean coins that are very un-round.  :)
Andreas Reich

All coins are guaranteed for eternity