Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. All Items Purchased From Forum Ancient Coins Are Guaranteed Authentic For Eternity!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. Internet challenged? We Are Happy To Take Your Order Over The Phone 252-646-1958 Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: coin shows near Ottawa/Montreal/Toronto??  (Read 3646 times)

Offline Matthew C5

• Consul
coin shows near Ottawa/Montreal/Toronto??
« on: February 09, 2015, 09:28:04 am »
Has anyone every heard of coin shows near Ottawa/Montreal/Toronto which might include or be exclusive to ancient coins?

If not, perhaps suggestions on what the closest cities might be, would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

Online Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
  • Leave the gun, take the Canoli!
Re: coin shows near Ottawa/Montreal/Toronto??
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 12:54:27 pm »
Torex coin show is happening this coming Saturday and Sunday in downtown Toronto.  Usually 3 or 4 dealers with ancients.  We also have an informal meeting of ancient collectors to do a sort of show and tell at lunch.  PM me for details.

canadian1234

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 09:29:10 am »
Did you guys end up going to the show? I went for about an hour and a half, and left. There was a Caligula denarius for just over $9k I saw that looked nice. It was the first time that I had been to it (or any coin show for that matter). I thought that there would be an auction component, unless I missed it.

Online Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 11:59:30 am »
I was there and bought a Julia Titi Cistophoric tetradrachm.  Yes there is an auction but not usually many ancients.

Tobruk

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 12:02:42 pm »
Hello,

I live in Ottawa, I have 3 coins one of them is gold, i would like your advice to where should i go for getting more info & value .

Thank you.

Online Jay GT4

• Tribunus Plebis 2021
  • Procurator Caesaris
  • Caesar
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 07:57:34 am »
Welcome.  Do a Google search for Torex coin show.  There is an event coming up soon in Toronto.

Tobruk

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 10:47:56 am »
Thank you Jay  +++ :)

All coins are guaranteed for eternity