Classical Numismatics Discussion
  Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Expert Authentication - Accurate Descriptions - Reasonable Prices - Coins From Under $10 To Museum Quality Rarities Welcome Guest. Please login or register. 10% Off Store-Wide Sale Until 2 April!!! Explore Our Website And Find Joy In The History, Numismatics, Art, Mythology, And Geography Of Coins!!! Support Our Efforts To Serve The Classical Numismatics Community - Shop At Forum Ancient Coins

New & Reduced

Author Topic: Gold color coins - I think they are Persian?  (Read 477 times)

dhalabuk

Gold color coins - I think they are Persian?
« on: January 28, 2015, 12:14:47 am »
I am new to this website.  It is amazing.  I have been able to find a couple of my old coins already but am having difficulty finding this one.  I believe it is Persian as there are several other Persian coins with similarities.  However, I am not sure.   The coin measure about 20mm by 18mm.   Can anyone provide help with what category this coin may exist in.   Thank you very much.  Dave

Offline ddwau

• Consul

dhalabuk

Re: Gold color coins - I think they are Persian?
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 12:34:14 pm »
Thank you very much.  This is very helpful.   I appreciate your quick response.   Best regards.

Offline areich

• Tribunus Plebis Perpetuus
  • Procurator Monetae
  • Caesar
    • Ancient Greek and Roman Coins, featuring BMC online and other books
Re: Gold color coins - I think they are Persian?
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 12:55:39 pm »
Your coin is golden in colour. There are a few gold issues from Rhodos but not like yours. The picture isn't very good but it looks like a gilded copper replica.
Andreas Reich

All coins are guaranteed for eternity